Northbrook Credit Reporting Lawyers
Trusted Consumer Rights Law Firm on the North Shore
Are you suffering as a result of credit report errors or other issues which you have been unable to resolve? Disputes of this nature can be very difficult to solve without the help of a skilled Northbrook consumer law attorney. Credit reporting agencies may give you the runaround or refuse to help you address the errors you believe have been made. In the case that you are a victim of identity theft, it can be even more difficult to prove. At Bach Law Offices, Inc., our legal team is prepared to explain your rights and help you resolve errors which have been made in your credit reports.
What Credit Reporting Rights Do I Have?
The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) was put in place to ensure that debtors like yourself have rights against reporting agencies which have made mistakes. Although your situation may seem dire, rest assured that we can seek recourse on your behalf. With 40 years of combined experience, our Northbrook credit reporting lawyers are skilled at navigating these types of issues.
You have the following rights under the FCRA:
- You can request that inaccurate information be corrected
- You can submit information in writing to be included in your credit information
- You can sue creditors or credit reporting agencies who falsely report inaccurate information
- Credit reporting agencies are only allowed to report seven years of negative information
- In order to see your credit report, employers will have to seek written permission from you
- You may be able to seek damages if you suffer from credit reporting errors
Handling Complex Credit Reporting Errors
If you have been unable to get a credit reporting error fixed or you have suffered as a result of a mistake, we are here to protect your rights. We have advised and represented many clients like yourself on cases involving false credit reports. Whether we are attempting to get errors fixed on your report or seeking damages, you can count on us to advocate for you.
We handle a wide range of credit reporting cases, including:
- Mixed credit files
- Out of date entries
- Inaccurate entries
To set up a free initial consultation with a North Shore credit report error attorney, contact us now at (847) 440-5998.